Home » News » Public Safety
Driver hospitalized after ?crash in Pembroke parking lot
The driver's car, shown at left, pushed a parked car across the New Hampshire Tile Distribution center parking lot in Pembroke after smashing into it. Brendan Clogston
The driver's car, shown at left, pushed a parked car across the parking lot after smashing into it. Brendan Clogston/Union Leader Correspondent
PEMBROKE - An Allenstown woman was hospitalized with a severe head injury after her car veered off Sheep Davis Road and smashed into a parked car in Pembroke.
Police said Melanie Lavoie, 36, drove off Sheep Davis Road near its intersection with Borough Road about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, hitting an unoccupied car and pushing it dozens of feet across the New Hampshire Tile Distribution center parking lot.
When emergency responders arrived, the driver was found unconscious. EMTs rushed her to Concord Hospital; her condition was not released.
Police have not yet been able to determine the cause of the accident; it is still under investigation. At this time, they don't believe alcohol was a factor.
No one came forward at the accident scene to say they had witnessed the crash. Pembroke police believe there were drivers behind the woman when she veered off the road, but they said no one stopped or reported the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Report due soon on alleged abuse at neuro-rehab centers - 0
- Five state police cruisers among many accidents due to storm - 0
- Person found dead in Manchester alley - 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics Insider: Celtics rule Smart out of tomorrow's game against Chicago - 0
- Berube the backbone of Monarchs' team 'D' - 0
- Packers QB Revis will pose a challenge for Patriots - 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 0
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 0
- Camping out didn't pay for shoppers - 0
- Newsreel: Concord economic forecast; Tech Council hosts forum; UNH Fairchild Dairy honored - 0
- Londonderry-based MegaFood launches transparency project in vitamin industry - 0
- Grant program to help Granite State students with loans - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Pat Buchanan: What to make of Ferguson?