Home » News » Public Safety
Driver hospitalized after ?crash in Pembroke parking lot
PEMBROKE - An Allenstown woman was hospitalized with a severe head injury after her car veered off Sheep Davis Road and smashed into a parked car in Pembroke.
Police said Melanie Lavoie, 36, drove off Sheep Davis Road near its intersection with Borough Road about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, hitting an unoccupied car and pushing it dozens of feet across the New Hampshire Tile Distribution center parking lot.
When emergency responders arrived, the driver was found unconscious. EMTs rushed her to Concord Hospital; her condition was not released.
Police have not yet been able to determine the cause of the accident; it is still under investigation. At this time, they don't believe alcohol was a factor.
No one came forward at the accident scene to say they had witnessed the crash. Pembroke police believe there were drivers behind the woman when she veered off the road, but they said no one stopped or reported the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Middlebrooks homers; Red Sox win, lose one - 0
- Waterville Valley town clerk saying goodbye to post - 0
- Kids get out and vote in Weare - 0
- Hollis voters set to gather for annual Town Meeting Wednesday - 0
- Turnout light in Derry as of early afternoon - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon' - 4
- Sheriff, chief question Shaheen’s recent vote on controversial Obama nominee - 0
- Low turnout seen in early Lakes Region polling - 0
- Goffstown residents slow to vote so far - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus