Home » News » Public Safety
Driver hospitalized after ?crash in Pembroke parking lot
The driver's car, shown at left, pushed a parked car across the New Hampshire Tile Distribution center parking lot in Pembroke after smashing into it. Brendan Clogston
PEMBROKE - An Allenstown woman was hospitalized with a severe head injury after her car veered off Sheep Davis Road and smashed into a parked car in Pembroke.
Police said Melanie Lavoie, 36, drove off Sheep Davis Road near its intersection with Borough Road about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, hitting an unoccupied car and pushing it dozens of feet across the New Hampshire Tile Distribution center parking lot.
When emergency responders arrived, the driver was found unconscious. EMTs rushed her to Concord Hospital; her condition was not released.
Police have not yet been able to determine the cause of the accident; it is still under investigation. At this time, they don't believe alcohol was a factor.
No one came forward at the accident scene to say they had witnessed the crash. Pembroke police believe there were drivers behind the woman when she veered off the road, but they said no one stopped or reported the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
- Manchester chief now one of 2 finalists for Somerville post - 0
- Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long - 0
- Jaffrey fire at transfer station - 0
- Manchester police chief a finalist for Somerville job - 2
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Missing Conway girl's mother not giving up hope - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Manchester forums will allow public to question principal finalists - 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms