Home » News » Public Safety
Driver hospitalized after ?crash in Pembroke parking lot
The driver's car, shown at left, pushed a parked car across the New Hampshire Tile Distribution center parking lot in Pembroke after smashing into it. Brendan Clogston
The driver's car, shown at left, pushed a parked car across the parking lot after smashing into it. Brendan Clogston/Union Leader Correspondent
PEMBROKE - An Allenstown woman was hospitalized with a severe head injury after her car veered off Sheep Davis Road and smashed into a parked car in Pembroke.
Police said Melanie Lavoie, 36, drove off Sheep Davis Road near its intersection with Borough Road about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, hitting an unoccupied car and pushing it dozens of feet across the New Hampshire Tile Distribution center parking lot.
When emergency responders arrived, the driver was found unconscious. EMTs rushed her to Concord Hospital; her condition was not released.
Police have not yet been able to determine the cause of the accident; it is still under investigation. At this time, they don't believe alcohol was a factor.
No one came forward at the accident scene to say they had witnessed the crash. Pembroke police believe there were drivers behind the woman when she veered off the road, but they said no one stopped or reported the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Menino, Boston's longest-serving mayor, dies at 71 - 3
- Judge plans to release GT Advanced Technologies documents critical of Apple - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Derry's tax rate drops as property valuations increase - 0
- Maine nurse defies state Ebola quarantine, leaves home - 11
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 3
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 27
Trump fired up over NH mailer
Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH