Home » News » Public Safety
Driver hospitalized after ?crash in Pembroke parking lot
The driver's car, shown at left, pushed a parked car across the New Hampshire Tile Distribution center parking lot in Pembroke after smashing into it. Brendan Clogston
The driver's car, shown at left, pushed a parked car across the parking lot after smashing into it. Brendan Clogston/Union Leader Correspondent
PEMBROKE - An Allenstown woman was hospitalized with a severe head injury after her car veered off Sheep Davis Road and smashed into a parked car in Pembroke.
Police said Melanie Lavoie, 36, drove off Sheep Davis Road near its intersection with Borough Road about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, hitting an unoccupied car and pushing it dozens of feet across the New Hampshire Tile Distribution center parking lot.
When emergency responders arrived, the driver was found unconscious. EMTs rushed her to Concord Hospital; her condition was not released.
Police have not yet been able to determine the cause of the accident; it is still under investigation. At this time, they don't believe alcohol was a factor.
No one came forward at the accident scene to say they had witnessed the crash. Pembroke police believe there were drivers behind the woman when she veered off the road, but they said no one stopped or reported the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 1
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test