Home » News » Public Safety
Two hurt after crashing into Manchester building
MANCHESTER - Two people were injured when their car crashed into an apartment building on Putnam Street Monday night, police said.
According to a preliminary investigation, Jessica Bouchard, 24, of Manchester, was driving a Jeep Cherokee south in the alley between Dubuque and Cartier streets about 8 p.m. As she crossed Putnam Street, her car hit the passenger side of a Dodge Neon being driven by Rhonda Simons, 43, also of Manchester, who was traveling west on Putnam Street.
As a result of the crash, the Dodge went up onto the sidewalk and hit the foundation of an apartment building at 102 Putnam St. The building was not damaged, according to a police news release.
Simons and her passenger, James Hasty, 55, of Manchester, were both taken to Catholic Medical Center for treatment of neck and back pain.
Bouchard was cited for failing to yield.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council