North Hampton's Greer leads Middlebury, named Div. III field hockey player of year
Middlebury College's Lauren Greer had a season that was hard to top last year.
Somehow, she managed the do it.
The senior from North Hampton was named the Division III player of the year by the National Field Hockey Coaches Association after setting a NCAA career record for points per game (3.56). She led the country in goals (2.0) and points (4.74) per game this season.
Greer is a three-time All-America, twice the player of the year in NESCAC and owns Middlebury's all-time mark in almost every offensive category.
Her 111 career goals and 267 points ranks third and fourth, respectively, on the all-time NCAA list.
Greer was an All-America, regional player of the year and NESCAC player of the year as a junior after scoring 35 goals and leading the Panthers to the NCAA Division III championship game.
She had 38 goals this season and helped Middlebury reach the regional finals. The Panthers were 60-15 and made the NCAAs in each of Greer's four seasons.
PSU's Ingerson earns goalie honors: Plymouth State University junior Tyler Ingerson of Concord is making a strong case for more playing time after being named the MSCAC goalie of the week.
Ingerson had 24 saves and helped the Panthers kill off three short-handed situations as PSU beat Wentworth Institute, 2-1, in a rematch of last year's NCAA Division III tournament game.
Skevas cops LEC hoops award: Junior guard Petey Skevas was named the Little East Conference co-player of the week in men's basketball after scoring a game-high 30 points in Plymouth State's 95-89 loss to Castleton (Vt.) State.
Skevas was 11-for-16 from the field, 8-for-9 from the foul line and had four assists.
NE-10 tabs Mabrey for weekly award: St. Anselm sophomore guard Roy Mabrey was named the NE-10 player of the week in men's basketball after scoring 22 points in 32 minutes during an 89-67 win over Southern New Hampshire University.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
- State Supreme Court overturns termination of father’s parental rights - 8
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 2
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 1
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840