June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
2010 Manchester murder victim rented from woman allegedly beaten by own son
Nashua man indicted for brutal assault on Merrimack mom
CONCORD - A state prosecutor said Tuesday that he has investigated the link between the beating of a woman in Nashua Sunday night and a two-year-old unsolved murder in Manchester.
Assistant Attorney General Benjamin Agati said he spoke with Manchester police this week about the October 2010 murder of Lynne Brennan after reading a New Hampshire Union Leader article about the beating of Alicia J. Flanders, allegedly by her son, Thomas Foden. Flanders found Brennan dead in the Manchester home Flanders rented to Brennan.
"I read the article and that name did ring a bell," Agati said of Flanders.
Foden is accused of pushing his mother's face into a glass cabinet and inserting his finger into her eye.
Brennan was found murdered nearly two years ago in her River Street apartment. She was going through the final stages of a drawn-out and bitter divorce from her husband John Brennan, according to family. Police believe Brennan had been dead for a few days before she was found by Flanders.
Agati said he called Manchester police to discuss the two cases.
"Other than that, there really is no change in the course of the (Brennan) investigation," he said.
Agati declined to say whether Foden is a suspect or has been ruled out as a suspect in the Brennan murder.
"We don't comment on anyone being ruled in or anyone who has been ruled out," he said.
He said the Brennan case remains an open, active investigation.
"This is not a cold case," he said. "It has not been referred to the Cold Case Unit."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424