Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
2010 Manchester murder victim rented from woman allegedly beaten by own son
CONCORD - A state prosecutor said Tuesday that he has investigated the link between the beating of a woman in Nashua Sunday night and a two-year-old unsolved murder in Manchester.
Assistant Attorney General Benjamin Agati said he spoke with Manchester police this week about the October 2010 murder of Lynne Brennan after reading a New Hampshire Union Leader article about the beating of Alicia J. Flanders, allegedly by her son, Thomas Foden. Flanders found Brennan dead in the Manchester home Flanders rented to Brennan.
"I read the article and that name did ring a bell," Agati said of Flanders.
Foden is accused of pushing his mother's face into a glass cabinet and inserting his finger into her eye.
Brennan was found murdered nearly two years ago in her River Street apartment. She was going through the final stages of a drawn-out and bitter divorce from her husband John Brennan, according to family. Police believe Brennan had been dead for a few days before she was found by Flanders.
Agati said he called Manchester police to discuss the two cases.
"Other than that, there really is no change in the course of the (Brennan) investigation," he said.
Agati declined to say whether Foden is a suspect or has been ruled out as a suspect in the Brennan murder.
"We don't comment on anyone being ruled in or anyone who has been ruled out," he said.
He said the Brennan case remains an open, active investigation.
"This is not a cold case," he said. "It has not been referred to the Cold Case Unit."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus