Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
2010 Manchester murder victim rented from woman allegedly beaten by own son
CONCORD - A state prosecutor said Tuesday that he has investigated the link between the beating of a woman in Nashua Sunday night and a two-year-old unsolved murder in Manchester.
Assistant Attorney General Benjamin Agati said he spoke with Manchester police this week about the October 2010 murder of Lynne Brennan after reading a New Hampshire Union Leader article about the beating of Alicia J. Flanders, allegedly by her son, Thomas Foden. Flanders found Brennan dead in the Manchester home Flanders rented to Brennan.
"I read the article and that name did ring a bell," Agati said of Flanders.
Foden is accused of pushing his mother's face into a glass cabinet and inserting his finger into her eye.
Brennan was found murdered nearly two years ago in her River Street apartment. She was going through the final stages of a drawn-out and bitter divorce from her husband John Brennan, according to family. Police believe Brennan had been dead for a few days before she was found by Flanders.
Agati said he called Manchester police to discuss the two cases.
"Other than that, there really is no change in the course of the (Brennan) investigation," he said.
Agati declined to say whether Foden is a suspect or has been ruled out as a suspect in the Brennan murder.
"We don't comment on anyone being ruled in or anyone who has been ruled out," he said.
He said the Brennan case remains an open, active investigation.
"This is not a cold case," he said. "It has not been referred to the Cold Case Unit."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Two Keene State students among three newest riot arrests - 1
- Man charged with robbing Rochester bank while wearing zebra-print dress is arraigned - 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Derry's tax rate drops as property valuations increase - 0
- Maine nurse defies state Ebola quarantine, leaves home - 8
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 25
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 3
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
Trump fired up over NH mailer
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
Trump fired up over NH mailer
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483