Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Undercover officers arrest Exeter mom on drug charges with child in tow
Katelyn Kashian, 29, of Exeter was arrested Monday on felony drug charges after a three-month investigation by the Rockingham County Sheriff's Drug Task Force. (COURTESY)
BRENTWOOD - An Exeter mother arrested by undercover officers on Monday brought along her 3-year-old child with her on the drug deal, according to the county sheriff's department.
Katelyn J. Kashian, 29, was held on $10,000 cash bail following her arraignment Tuesday in 10th Circuit Court in Exeter.
She is charged with three counts of sale of a controlled narcotic drug. Her arrest capped a three-month investigation by Rockingham County Sheriff's Office Drug Task Force and the Drug Enforcement Administration.
Sheriff's detectives learned about Kashian selling the prescription medication Suboxone on Sept. 12 through a confidential informant. Between September and November, investigators arranged three drug buys at a grocery store parking lot.
A confidential informant brokered the first transaction on Sept. 12, the sheriff's department said. An undercover deputy posing as a drug buyer made two other deals with Kashian before her arrest on Monday, Sgt. Jay Murphy said in a sworn affidavit.
Kashian told the investigator Oct. 3 that she could sell him a quantity of Adderall, saying that "she would be getting her prescription filled," Murphy said in the affidavit. Investigators allegedly bought five Suboxone pills from Kashian during that transaction.
On Monday, Kashian called the undercover investigator wanting "to trade Suboxone for heroin," according to Murphy. Kashian was arrested at approximately 1:37 p.m. at a grocery store parking lot on Portsmouth Avenue.
When she met up to make the drug trade to undercover officers, she had her 3-year-old child with her, the sheriff's department said. Kashian was in possession of heroin and several other controlled drugs that deputies are still working to identify, the sheriff's department said.
Additional charges are expected to be filed. Kashian was initially held on $1,000 cash bail, but a circuit court judge increased it to $10,000 cash. She is due back in court for a probable cause hearing Dec. 5.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man has excuse for missing court in Conway - he was in jail - 0
- Claremont man charged with arson in May fire - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 1
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 4
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 9
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483