Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Undercover officers arrest Exeter mom on drug charges with child in tow
Katelyn Kashian, 29, of Exeter was arrested Monday on felony drug charges after a three-month investigation by the Rockingham County Sheriff's Drug Task Force. (COURTESY)
BRENTWOOD - An Exeter mother arrested by undercover officers on Monday brought along her 3-year-old child with her on the drug deal, according to the county sheriff's department.
Katelyn J. Kashian, 29, was held on $10,000 cash bail following her arraignment Tuesday in 10th Circuit Court in Exeter.
She is charged with three counts of sale of a controlled narcotic drug. Her arrest capped a three-month investigation by Rockingham County Sheriff's Office Drug Task Force and the Drug Enforcement Administration.
Sheriff's detectives learned about Kashian selling the prescription medication Suboxone on Sept. 12 through a confidential informant. Between September and November, investigators arranged three drug buys at a grocery store parking lot.
A confidential informant brokered the first transaction on Sept. 12, the sheriff's department said. An undercover deputy posing as a drug buyer made two other deals with Kashian before her arrest on Monday, Sgt. Jay Murphy said in a sworn affidavit.
Kashian told the investigator Oct. 3 that she could sell him a quantity of Adderall, saying that "she would be getting her prescription filled," Murphy said in the affidavit. Investigators allegedly bought five Suboxone pills from Kashian during that transaction.
On Monday, Kashian called the undercover investigator wanting "to trade Suboxone for heroin," according to Murphy. Kashian was arrested at approximately 1:37 p.m. at a grocery store parking lot on Portsmouth Avenue.
When she met up to make the drug trade to undercover officers, she had her 3-year-old child with her, the sheriff's department said. Kashian was in possession of heroin and several other controlled drugs that deputies are still working to identify, the sheriff's department said.
Additional charges are expected to be filed. Kashian was initially held on $1,000 cash bail, but a circuit court judge increased it to $10,000 cash. She is due back in court for a probable cause hearing Dec. 5.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 1
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Police seeking help to identify alleged credit card thieves - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of new crimes while out on bail faces hearing - 0
- Gorham man arraigned for kidnapping Abigail Hernandez, but details remain scarce - 1
- Ex-Manchester police officer pleads guilty to felonies related to helping drug dealer - 2
- Lancaster man indicted for possessing child sex abuse images - 0
- Former Nashua court officer waives hearing on sexual assault charges - 0
- MBTA police officer arrested two more times following house party arrest in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 1
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
- NH medical board suspends Manchester doctor's license - 0
Market Basket community waits and watches
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917