Home » News » Public Safety
Three injured in head-on crash on Route 108 in Newfields
NEWFIELDS - Police believe driver inattention sent three people to the hospital following a head-on collision along Route 108 Wednesday morning.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel were called at 9:57 a.m. after a Nissan Maxima, driven by Christine Scholz, 26, of Exeter, reportedly crossed the centerline and struck a Toyota Camry, driven by Raymond Sharp, 58, of Stratham, near the entrance of the cemetery, according to Police Chief Art Reed.
Based on witnesses, Reed said he believes the Maxima was headed south while the Camry was headed north.
"Her car drifted over the double line and they hit head-on," Reed said, adding it is still unclear what caused the car to drift.
After firefighters used hydraulic cutting tools to free Sharp's passenger - Dennis Ball, 62, of Stratham, from the Camry, Reed said crews from Newmarket Ambulance tooks all three people to Exeter Hospital.
Reed said he believes Scholz, who wore her seatbelt, appeared to have more serious injuries than the two men. He added Sharp and Ball, who may have hit their heads against the windshield, were not wearing seatbelts.
As the injuries appeared to be non-life threatening, Reed believes Sharp and Ball could be released from the hospital before Scholz, but he has not heard an update about their status.
Reed said he'll continue to investigate what led to the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 1
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072