Home » News » Public Safety
Three injured in head-on crash on Route 108 in Newfields
NEWFIELDS - Police believe driver inattention sent three people to the hospital following a head-on collision along Route 108 Wednesday morning.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel were called at 9:57 a.m. after a Nissan Maxima, driven by Christine Scholz, 26, of Exeter, reportedly crossed the centerline and struck a Toyota Camry, driven by Raymond Sharp, 58, of Stratham, near the entrance of the cemetery, according to Police Chief Art Reed.
Based on witnesses, Reed said he believes the Maxima was headed south while the Camry was headed north.
"Her car drifted over the double line and they hit head-on," Reed said, adding it is still unclear what caused the car to drift.
After firefighters used hydraulic cutting tools to free Sharp's passenger - Dennis Ball, 62, of Stratham, from the Camry, Reed said crews from Newmarket Ambulance tooks all three people to Exeter Hospital.
Reed said he believes Scholz, who wore her seatbelt, appeared to have more serious injuries than the two men. He added Sharp and Ball, who may have hit their heads against the windshield, were not wearing seatbelts.
As the injuries appeared to be non-life threatening, Reed believes Sharp and Ball could be released from the hospital before Scholz, but he has not heard an update about their status.
Reed said he'll continue to investigate what led to the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 10
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072