Home » News » Roads and Travel
Bridge in Belmont reopens after 3-month closure
BELMONT - The Church Street Bridge over the Tioga River has been repaired and it's open to traffic again.
The bridge was closed on Aug. 23 after a routine state inspection of the bridge by the Department of Transportation found corroded steel culverts and other signs of wear that made it unsafe, state officials said.
The bridge is adjacent to Monument Square near the center of Belmont Village. Built in 1975, it connects one of the busiest roads in town.
Town officials acted quickly to repair the bridge, contracting Busby Construction for the $125,575 project.
The town used money from capital reserve funds to pay for it.
They set a goal of having the bridge reopen by Thanksgiving, and it opened Nov. 21.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former NASCAR driver Trickle dead in apparent suicide - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 14, 2013 - 0
- Manchester's Gill Stadium nearing centenial rededication, still going strong - 0
- Red Sox lose to Rangers - 0
- Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win - 0
- All done: Monarchs elminated from AHL playoffs three games to one - 0
- NH College Roundup: Evans in Pats' rookie camp - 0
- Derryfield defeats Central girls in lacrosse - 0
- High school action - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19