Home » News » Roads and Travel
Bridge in Belmont reopens after 3-month closure
BELMONT - The Church Street Bridge over the Tioga River has been repaired and it's open to traffic again.
The bridge was closed on Aug. 23 after a routine state inspection of the bridge by the Department of Transportation found corroded steel culverts and other signs of wear that made it unsafe, state officials said.
The bridge is adjacent to Monument Square near the center of Belmont Village. Built in 1975, it connects one of the busiest roads in town.
Town officials acted quickly to repair the bridge, contracting Busby Construction for the $125,575 project.
The town used money from capital reserve funds to pay for it.
They set a goal of having the bridge reopen by Thanksgiving, and it opened Nov. 21.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Bridge renovation will impact Somersworth traffic - 0
- Removal process begins for Boscawen-Canterbury bridge - 1
- Rail study: Three stations for Nashua - 0
- Control of 18-mile stretch of track could affect commuter rail's return to NH - 5
- Potholes expected to plague NH drivers until weather warms - 2
- Popularity of I-93 high-speed tolls spurs surge in EZ Pass use - 5
- Study finds demand for Manchester-Concord public transit - 7
- New Hampshire begins spring ritual: posting road weight limits - 0
- NH DOT to seek bids to build new bridge over Mascoma River in Lebanon - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive nabbed as he checks out the weather - 0
- Bail set for TD Bank robbery suspect in Derry - 0
- Fetal homicide bill stopped in the Senate - 0
- Democrats worry about 'dirty tricks' - 0
- Truck pulls down power line, starts paint store blaze - 0
- No change in bail for Dover teen facing felony arson charge - 1
- Full text of the attorney general's report regarding Campbell and Pappas - 0
- No charges in Nashua 'Duck-gate' - 1
- Salem Planning Board approves hookah lounge for Main Street - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Michigan’s ban: Sotomayor’s ‘disadvantages’