Film critic Ty Burr to present program
HANOVER - Boston Globe film critic Ty Burr will present an illustrated film lecture and book reading titled "Gods Like Us: On Movie Stardom and Modern Fame" at 7 Monday, Dec. 3, at the Howe Library, 13 S. St.
The 90-minute program plus book-signing will cover the history of film from the late 1890s to the present day instant social media platforms of Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
"Gods Like Us" was released nationally by Random House this past September. Burr has been the film critic for the Boston Globe since 2002. Born in 1957 he studied at Dartmouth College and New York University and has written three other books, "The Hundred Greatest Movies of All Time," "The Hundred Greatest Stars of All Time" and "The Best Old Movies for Families: A Guide to Watching Together."
He is a member of the Boston Society of Film Critics and National Society of Film Critics. From 1992 until 2002, he worked for Entertainment Weekly as the magazine's chief video critic. Burr also makes appearances on NECN, MSNBC, and local and national radio programs to discuss the latest movies.
Arts & Entertainment
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
- From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host classic car show - 0
- Book tells story of wife's battle with cancer - 0
- Grantham man is Geospatial Hall of Famer - 0
- Evidence challenged in Craigslist sex extortion case - 0
- Commerical fishing season set for tasty start - 0
- Many in Salem disappointed by casino vote - 0
- Government offices will be closed Monday - 0
Lizzie borden took an axe ... or did she?
Grantham man is Geospatial Hall of Famer
Many in Salem disappointed by casino vote
Londonderry Rotary to host classic car show
From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham
Government offices will be closed Monday
State’s stand-your-ground law intact
Pease chosen to receive refueling tanker