May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Men wanted in theft from Conway quarry
CONWAY - Two men arrested earlier this month on theft charges out of Moultonborough are now wanted for stealing several pieces of metal from a Redstone Quarry site.
Police obtained warrants for the arrest of Adam Quinney, 20, of 1075 Concord State St., Weare, and Allen Downs, 27, of 92 New Rye Road, Allenstown, on theft charges.
Quinney and Downs, along with Daniel Chesley, 23, of Conway, were in 3rd Circuit Court, Ossipee District Division, last week on theft charges accusing them of placing an advertisement on Craigslist offering a free tractor, and later a truck body, free for the taking.
The men allegedly went to a Route 25 storage area and stole a tractor and returned on another date ready to take a truck bed. By then, however, police had set up surveillance at the property and caught all three allegedly in the act of taking the truck bed and other items from the property.
Moultonborough police Sgt. Peter Beebe previously said the men posted the advertisement first so they would have an alibi if police or someone else confronted them. They would say they were there for the "free" tractor or truck body, according to Sgt. Peter Beebe.
The tractor was recovered at a salvage yard in Tamworth where it was sold for scrap.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 1
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 1
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 6
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials disallow Woodmont slide show - 0
- Officials question Nashua parking proposal - 0
- House bill lowers emissions cap to meet RGGI standards - 0
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 0
- Nashua aviation company looks for danger on ground - 0
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial replica wall on display - 0
- NFL-sponsored health program honors Milford High School staff - 0
- John Stossel: Sublet my people go - 0
- Search continues for gadabout steer in Epping - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424