Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Men wanted in theft from Conway quarry
CONWAY - Two men arrested earlier this month on theft charges out of Moultonborough are now wanted for stealing several pieces of metal from a Redstone Quarry site.
Police obtained warrants for the arrest of Adam Quinney, 20, of 1075 Concord State St., Weare, and Allen Downs, 27, of 92 New Rye Road, Allenstown, on theft charges.
Quinney and Downs, along with Daniel Chesley, 23, of Conway, were in 3rd Circuit Court, Ossipee District Division, last week on theft charges accusing them of placing an advertisement on Craigslist offering a free tractor, and later a truck body, free for the taking.
The men allegedly went to a Route 25 storage area and stole a tractor and returned on another date ready to take a truck bed. By then, however, police had set up surveillance at the property and caught all three allegedly in the act of taking the truck bed and other items from the property.
Moultonborough police Sgt. Peter Beebe previously said the men posted the advertisement first so they would have an alibi if police or someone else confronted them. They would say they were there for the "free" tractor or truck body, according to Sgt. Peter Beebe.
The tractor was recovered at a salvage yard in Tamworth where it was sold for scrap.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man has excuse for missing court in Conway - he was in jail - 0
- Claremont man charged with arson in May fire - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Man facing robbery charges sentenced on probation violations - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 0
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 4
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 1
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483