Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Men wanted in theft from Conway quarry
CONWAY - Two men arrested earlier this month on theft charges out of Moultonborough are now wanted for stealing several pieces of metal from a Redstone Quarry site.
Police obtained warrants for the arrest of Adam Quinney, 20, of 1075 Concord State St., Weare, and Allen Downs, 27, of 92 New Rye Road, Allenstown, on theft charges.
Quinney and Downs, along with Daniel Chesley, 23, of Conway, were in 3rd Circuit Court, Ossipee District Division, last week on theft charges accusing them of placing an advertisement on Craigslist offering a free tractor, and later a truck body, free for the taking.
The men allegedly went to a Route 25 storage area and stole a tractor and returned on another date ready to take a truck bed. By then, however, police had set up surveillance at the property and caught all three allegedly in the act of taking the truck bed and other items from the property.
Moultonborough police Sgt. Peter Beebe previously said the men posted the advertisement first so they would have an alibi if police or someone else confronted them. They would say they were there for the "free" tractor or truck body, according to Sgt. Peter Beebe.
The tractor was recovered at a salvage yard in Tamworth where it was sold for scrap.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
- Argentina tops Netherlands in shootout to reach final - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917