Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Men wanted in theft from Conway quarry
CONWAY - Two men arrested earlier this month on theft charges out of Moultonborough are now wanted for stealing several pieces of metal from a Redstone Quarry site.
Police obtained warrants for the arrest of Adam Quinney, 20, of 1075 Concord State St., Weare, and Allen Downs, 27, of 92 New Rye Road, Allenstown, on theft charges.
Quinney and Downs, along with Daniel Chesley, 23, of Conway, were in 3rd Circuit Court, Ossipee District Division, last week on theft charges accusing them of placing an advertisement on Craigslist offering a free tractor, and later a truck body, free for the taking.
The men allegedly went to a Route 25 storage area and stole a tractor and returned on another date ready to take a truck bed. By then, however, police had set up surveillance at the property and caught all three allegedly in the act of taking the truck bed and other items from the property.
Moultonborough police Sgt. Peter Beebe previously said the men posted the advertisement first so they would have an alibi if police or someone else confronted them. They would say they were there for the "free" tractor or truck body, according to Sgt. Peter Beebe.
The tractor was recovered at a salvage yard in Tamworth where it was sold for scrap.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424