Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Men wanted in theft from Conway quarry
CONWAY - Two men arrested earlier this month on theft charges out of Moultonborough are now wanted for stealing several pieces of metal from a Redstone Quarry site.
Police obtained warrants for the arrest of Adam Quinney, 20, of 1075 Concord State St., Weare, and Allen Downs, 27, of 92 New Rye Road, Allenstown, on theft charges.
Quinney and Downs, along with Daniel Chesley, 23, of Conway, were in 3rd Circuit Court, Ossipee District Division, last week on theft charges accusing them of placing an advertisement on Craigslist offering a free tractor, and later a truck body, free for the taking.
The men allegedly went to a Route 25 storage area and stole a tractor and returned on another date ready to take a truck bed. By then, however, police had set up surveillance at the property and caught all three allegedly in the act of taking the truck bed and other items from the property.
Moultonborough police Sgt. Peter Beebe previously said the men posted the advertisement first so they would have an alibi if police or someone else confronted them. They would say they were there for the "free" tractor or truck body, according to Sgt. Peter Beebe.
The tractor was recovered at a salvage yard in Tamworth where it was sold for scrap.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief