Home » News » Public Safety
Litchfield woman dies in Auburn crash
AUBURN - State police released the name of a Litchfield woman who died Wednesday in a crash on Route 101 near Tower Hill Road.
Tia Mavrogeorge, 17, was thrown from the 2005 Saturn Ion she was driving west on Route 101 about 10:30 p.m. According to a news release, the car collided with a guardrail on the west side of the highway, then veered across the road and hit a guardrail on the east side of Route 101. The car broke through a section of that guardrail, rolled down an embankment and came to a final stop near Tower Hill Road.
Mavrogeorge died at the scene. She was not wearing a seat belt, authorities said in a news release.
Her passenger, Patrick Devine, 23, of Manchester, suffered injuries police described as not life-threatening. He was transported to the Elliot Hospital in Manchester for treatment. Police said Devine was wearing a seat belt.
The right lane of Route 101 was closed for several hours as state troopers conducted an investigation into the crash and emergency repairs were made to the guardrail by state Department of Transportation (DOT) workers.
Assisting state police at the scene were Auburn and Candia police, Auburn and Derry fire departments, members of state police Technical Accident Reconstruction Unit and DOT.
The crash remains under investigation by Trooper Haden Wilber of Troop A. Anyone with information about it is asked to call him at 603-223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072