Home » News » Public Safety
Litchfield woman dies in Auburn crash
AUBURN - State police released the name of a Litchfield woman who died Wednesday in a crash on Route 101 near Tower Hill Road.
Tia Mavrogeorge, 17, was thrown from the 2005 Saturn Ion she was driving west on Route 101 about 10:30 p.m. According to a news release, the car collided with a guardrail on the west side of the highway, then veered across the road and hit a guardrail on the east side of Route 101. The car broke through a section of that guardrail, rolled down an embankment and came to a final stop near Tower Hill Road.
Mavrogeorge died at the scene. She was not wearing a seat belt, authorities said in a news release.
Her passenger, Patrick Devine, 23, of Manchester, suffered injuries police described as not life-threatening. He was transported to the Elliot Hospital in Manchester for treatment. Police said Devine was wearing a seat belt.
The right lane of Route 101 was closed for several hours as state troopers conducted an investigation into the crash and emergency repairs were made to the guardrail by state Department of Transportation (DOT) workers.
Assisting state police at the scene were Auburn and Candia police, Auburn and Derry fire departments, members of state police Technical Accident Reconstruction Unit and DOT.
The crash remains under investigation by Trooper Haden Wilber of Troop A. Anyone with information about it is asked to call him at 603-223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'