Home » News » Public Safety
Litchfield woman dies in Auburn crash
AUBURN - State police released the name of a Litchfield woman who died Wednesday in a crash on Route 101 near Tower Hill Road.
Tia Mavrogeorge, 17, was thrown from the 2005 Saturn Ion she was driving west on Route 101 about 10:30 p.m. According to a news release, the car collided with a guardrail on the west side of the highway, then veered across the road and hit a guardrail on the east side of Route 101. The car broke through a section of that guardrail, rolled down an embankment and came to a final stop near Tower Hill Road.
Mavrogeorge died at the scene. She was not wearing a seat belt, authorities said in a news release.
Her passenger, Patrick Devine, 23, of Manchester, suffered injuries police described as not life-threatening. He was transported to the Elliot Hospital in Manchester for treatment. Police said Devine was wearing a seat belt.
The right lane of Route 101 was closed for several hours as state troopers conducted an investigation into the crash and emergency repairs were made to the guardrail by state Department of Transportation (DOT) workers.
Assisting state police at the scene were Auburn and Candia police, Auburn and Derry fire departments, members of state police Technical Accident Reconstruction Unit and DOT.
The crash remains under investigation by Trooper Haden Wilber of Troop A. Anyone with information about it is asked to call him at 603-223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Ceremony honors NH first responders - 0
- Fire destroys Weare home - 0
- Downed wires spark brush fire that spreads to Manchester house - 0
- Truck pulls down power line, starts paint store blaze - 0
- Abigail Hernandez’ mother: She did not run away - 0
- Weare officer won't face charges in fatal shooting - 6
- State revokes license for New Hampshire childcare center amid abuse allegations - 1
- Downed wires shuts Concord street - 0
- Quick-acting Litchfield woman jumps into canoe and paddles to rescue of kayaker - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Iginla lifts Bruins to OT win, 3-1 series lead - 0
- Red Sox shelled by Yankees - 0
- Apple buoys Nasdaq; Ukraine weighs on market - 0
- Vote to cut Derry police overtime budget defeated - 0
- Haverhill American Legion post accused of allowing gambling - 0
- Ramesh Ponnuru: GOP hawks, doves are not helping their party right now - 0
- John Stossel: Privacy, please - 0
- Manchester officer cleared of assault, resigns - 0
- Ex-Derry public works employee intends to admit to $12k theft - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Michigan’s ban: Sotomayor’s ‘disadvantages’