Home » News » Public Safety
Litchfield woman dies in Auburn crash
AUBURN - State police released the name of a Litchfield woman who died Wednesday in a crash on Route 101 near Tower Hill Road.
Tia Mavrogeorge, 17, was thrown from the 2005 Saturn Ion she was driving west on Route 101 about 10:30 p.m. According to a news release, the car collided with a guardrail on the west side of the highway, then veered across the road and hit a guardrail on the east side of Route 101. The car broke through a section of that guardrail, rolled down an embankment and came to a final stop near Tower Hill Road.
Mavrogeorge died at the scene. She was not wearing a seat belt, authorities said in a news release.
Her passenger, Patrick Devine, 23, of Manchester, suffered injuries police described as not life-threatening. He was transported to the Elliot Hospital in Manchester for treatment. Police said Devine was wearing a seat belt.
The right lane of Route 101 was closed for several hours as state troopers conducted an investigation into the crash and emergency repairs were made to the guardrail by state Department of Transportation (DOT) workers.
Assisting state police at the scene were Auburn and Candia police, Auburn and Derry fire departments, members of state police Technical Accident Reconstruction Unit and DOT.
The crash remains under investigation by Trooper Haden Wilber of Troop A. Anyone with information about it is asked to call him at 603-223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 5
- House kills Hassan-backed casino bill, 199-164 - 16
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 7
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
License revocations for DWI announced
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs