Home » News » Public Safety
Litchfield woman dies in Auburn crash
AUBURN - State police released the name of a Litchfield woman who died Wednesday in a crash on Route 101 near Tower Hill Road.
Tia Mavrogeorge, 17, was thrown from the 2005 Saturn Ion she was driving west on Route 101 about 10:30 p.m. According to a news release, the car collided with a guardrail on the west side of the highway, then veered across the road and hit a guardrail on the east side of Route 101. The car broke through a section of that guardrail, rolled down an embankment and came to a final stop near Tower Hill Road.
Mavrogeorge died at the scene. She was not wearing a seat belt, authorities said in a news release.
Her passenger, Patrick Devine, 23, of Manchester, suffered injuries police described as not life-threatening. He was transported to the Elliot Hospital in Manchester for treatment. Police said Devine was wearing a seat belt.
The right lane of Route 101 was closed for several hours as state troopers conducted an investigation into the crash and emergency repairs were made to the guardrail by state Department of Transportation (DOT) workers.
Assisting state police at the scene were Auburn and Candia police, Auburn and Derry fire departments, members of state police Technical Accident Reconstruction Unit and DOT.
The crash remains under investigation by Trooper Haden Wilber of Troop A. Anyone with information about it is asked to call him at 603-223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket