Sunday holiday parade in Merrimack to finish with tree lighting
MERRIMACK - The town's annual holiday parade and tree lighting ceremony will begin at 3 p.m. Sunday.
Hosted by the Merrimack Chamber of Commerce and the Parks and Recreation Department, the parade will kick off at The Commons shopping plaza and travel south along the Daniel Webster Highway before ending at Abbie Griffin Park. Residents are encouraged to gather at the park afterward for the tree lighting ceremony, festive caroling and a visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus.
The theme for this year's parade is "Holiday Season - A Time for Paws and Reflection." A canned food drive will coincide with the event at the town hall parking lot. The rain date is Dec. 9.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fishermen say lie-detector test keeps Winni Derby honest - 0
- Tour de Breakfast fuels about 466 who bicycled, walked to work - 0
- A Family Promise holding talent search for fall fundraiser - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest' - 0
- Record Powerball jackpot has Granite Staters dreaming - 1
- Online fund set up for Salem house fire victims - 0
- Hooksett Police Commission walks away - 1
- Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones! - 0
- Bedford native keeps Boston close to her heart - 0
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest'
Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones!
IRS head says Tea Party was not a target
Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise
Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'