Lohan arrested for nightclub fight in NY, also charged for Calif. car crash
Lohan, 26, was arrested shortly after 4 a.m. on a third-degree misdemeanor assault charge after punching another woman in the face at a club in the Chelsea neighborhood, police said.
The charges in California were more serious, and could result in the "Mean Girls" actress having her probation revoked and being sent back to jail.
Lohan, who has been to rehab, jail and court numerous times since a 2007 arrest for drunk driving and cocaine possession, is currently on informal probation, following her January 2011 conviction for stealing a gold necklace from a jewelry store.
A Los Angeles judge had lifted her formal probation in March but told her to comply with all laws and stay out of trouble.
Police in the beach city of Santa Monica said Lohan was formally charged on Thursday with reckless driving and lying to police after telling them she was not driving the Porsche that smashed into a truck on a busy highway. No one was seriously injured.
In New York, Lohan was accused of punching a 28-year-old unidentified woman multiple times in the face, said New York Police Sergeant John Buthorn. The victim sustained "minor, minor injuries," he said.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.