May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Concord man arrested in theft of donation can
CONCORD - Tips from the public led to the arrest of a local man accused of stealing a donation can with cash in it for the Capital Region Food Pantry.
Thomas Burke, 29, of Concord was arrested Friday morning at 5 Market Lane. He is charged with one count of theft by unauthorized taking or transfer.
According to news releases issued by police, the theft happened about 8:15 p.m. on Nov. 17 at the Irving (Circle K) gas station at 231 Loudon Road.
On that day, a man paid for gas and then took the donation can from the checkout counter and left the store. He got into the passenger side of a full-sized, gray or silver Chevy van. The right rear window on it apparently had been smashed out and was covered with plastic.
Police released photos of the thief taken from the store's surveillance system and, after receiving tips from the public, arrested Burke about 6:15 a.m. Friday without incident.
What's next:Burke refused bail and was detained in the Merrimack County jail pending arraignment today in 6th Circuit Court - Concord District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Psychologist: Nashua man was insane at time of murder - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 2
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
- Tools, copper piping stolen from construction trailers in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: NHL stars grown in the AHL - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
For the people: A century of the NH primary
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424