Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Former Laconia man gets 5 years in prison for bank robbery
CONCORD - A former Laconia man has been sentenced to five years in federal prison after pleading guilty to his role in a December 2011 bank robbery in Manchester in which bank employees and customers were held at gunpoint.
Prince Sage, 28, of New York pleaded guilty to robbing the Wilson Street branch of the Northeast Credit Union in December 2011.
Sage previously lived on Dewey Street in Laconia.
He was one of six people implicated in the Dec. 19 robbery of the bank.
Police said two men entered the branch and while one held occupants of the building at gunpoint, the other helped himself to the cash in the tellers' drawers.
Sage was arrested in Manchester on Christmas Eve, 2011.
Two other suspects were sentenced earlier this week. Walter Williams of Compton, Calif., was sentenced to 20 years in prison for his involvement in the credit union robbery and two other robberies.
Shyloe Johnson of Gilford was sentenced to three years in prison for aiding and abetting the robbery. Police said she helped gather information about the credit union branch location and its procedures.
Johnson and Williams were arrested at Laconia hotel two days after the robbery.
Johnson also admitted being involved in the robbery of a Kay Jewelers store in Tilton in the same month as the credit union hold-up. More than a quarter million dollars worth of jewelry was taken in that robbery.
Williams was called the ringleader in the credit union and Tilton jewelry store robberies as well as in a holdup at Hannoush Jewelers on South Willow Street in Manchester in October 2011. Prosecutors said he came to New Hampshire with the intent of going on a robbery spree.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 1
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 1
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483