Home » News » Public Safety
Ga. trucker injured in Franconia Notch crash
FRANCONIA - A section of Interstate 93 just north of Franconia Notch was closed for more than two hours Thursday after a tractor trailer jackknifed during a snowstorm.
Richard Dugas, 52, of Dewy Rose, Ga., lost control of the 2009 International Truck, which was towing an empty trailer, as he was driving north about 6:15 p.m. on the highway.
The tractor trailer unit jackknifed, hit a guardrail on the right side of the road and spun around, unhitching the trailer.
Dugas was ejected in the crash and was transported to Littleton Regional Hospital to be treated for lacerations, according to a news release issued by New Hampshire State Police.
At the time of the crash, police said it was snowing heavily and roads were slippery. The crash remains under investigation but preliminary indications are that Dugas was traveling at a an excessive speed for existing conditions, state police said.
I-93 was closed on the northbound side of I-93 for more than two hours and traffic was diverted at Exit 34C while the tractor trailer was removed.
State police were assisted at the scene by Franconia police and fire, and the state Department of Transportation.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to call Trooper Meredith Favreau at Troop F at 603-846-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 2
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 2
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters