Home » News » Public Safety
Litchfield teen dies in Auburn crash
AUBURN - New Hampshire State Police released the name of a Litchfield woman who died Wednesday in a crash on Route 101 near Tower Hill Road.
Tia Mavrogeorge, 17, was thrown from the 2005 Saturn Ion she was driving west on Route 101 about 10:30 p.m. According to a news release, the car collided with a guardrail on the west side of the highway, then veered across the road and hit a guardrail on the east side of Route 101. The car broke through a section of that guardrail, rolled down an embankment and came to a final stop near Tower Hill Road.
Mavrogeorge died at the scene. She was not wearing a seat belt, authorities said in a news release.
Her passenger, Patrick Devine, 23, of Manchester, suffered injuries police described as not life-threatening. He was transported to the Elliot Hospital in Manchester for treatment. Police said Devine was wearing a seat belt.
The right lane of Route 101 was closed for several hours as state troopers conducted an investigation into the crash and emergency repairs were made to the guardrail by state Department of Transportation (DOT) workers.
Assisting state police at the scene were Auburn and Candia police, Auburn and Derry fire departments, members of state police Technical Accident Reconstruction Unit and DOT.
The crash remains under investigation by Trooper Haden Wilber of Troop A. Anyone with information about it is asked to call him at 603-223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
- Manchester man dies after being hit by car - 0
- Family, pet cats and snake escape Nottingham fire - 0
- Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting - 0
- School bus slides off road, slams into trees in Deerfield - 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Bramante's 'free' education initiative gets green light - 0
- Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot - 3
- Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents - 0
- Millsfield ready to resume holding first primary vote - 0
- Rist defends his salary as interim Central principal - 0
- The Pope's anniversary: Viewing him through different lenses - 0
- Up late with Shaheen: Misplaced Senate priorities - 0
- Jindal says GOP has to 'be a party that's for something' - 0
- NH College Notebook: Bedford's Glassman first NH player into D-I dance - 0
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Roger Simon: Hillary is sick - of the media
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin