Home » News » Public Safety
Victim recovering from propane boiler explosion
PETERBOROUGH - A man injured in a propane boiler explosion at the MacDowell Colony on Tuesday is recovering, said Colony Resident Director David Macy.
The man, a local contractor who was installing the boiler in the basement of Colony Hall Tuesday afternoon, was released from a Massachusetts hospital Wednesday night, Macy said.
Firefighters responded to the art colony on High Street Tuesday at 1:16 p.m. after a smoke detector activated, Fire Chief Joseph Lenox said. On the way there, firefighters learned there had been a propane explosion in a basement.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 1
- Death investigation under way in Manchester, no foul play suspected - 3
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time