Tim Tebow coping with N.Y. media
Tim Tebow has been the subject of a couple of tabloid dustups since becoming a Jet, but so far the man himself has doggedly avoided saying or doing anything to fuel the media storms - a downright Eli-esque performance.
So, Tim, eight months in, how do you think you have been treated by the famously feisty New York media?
"It's a good question," he said Wednesday. "I was so open-minded about it that my mindset was ready for anything. So I felt prepared.
"I feel like I've built a relationship with a lot of the reporters who are here every day. I have tried to, at least. You get to know them a little bit. I try to tease them and make it more than just them asking me questions."
Has the experience been easier or more difficult than he expected? "I haven't viewed it as hard," he said. "I think they have to do their jobs so you understand that and try to help them as much as you can with it."
Tebow said he can't accurately assess how fair the coverage has been because he attempts to ignore it. ?
"I just try to stay in a little bubble, as hard as that is and as much as you hear stuff," he said.
"I've been very blessed in my career to play in some places where they have very passionate fans and great fan bases so you get a lot of attention. But it's the New York market, so it's obviously a little different than most."
Like back page headlines? "Yeah," he said, laughing. "That's different."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Data overreach Are programs really justified? The weak case for PRISM. - 11
- A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely - 8
- Border security? Maybe, some day, perhaps. Or not - 34
- Priority profs: University system tops HHS - 5
- Recognizing father: Not PC, but still OK - 1
- Closing Hanover St.: Not a 'free market' move - 6
- Step into the past: Discover old NH this weekend - 0
- Racial harmony: On preferences, it exists - 8
- School accountability: It is up to the parents - 12
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Storms knock out power to about 3,600 PSNH customers - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- American Medical Response back in good graces of key Manchester officials - 0
- Lebanon’s Colette Schmidt captures N.E. girls’ golf tourney crown - 0
- Sixteen make cut at State Am qualifying - 0
- Granite Stater Matt Bonner in position for another NBA title - 0
- Clippers, Celtics resume talks on Doc, Garnett deal - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
Epping man’s hope for working van realized
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
Salem seniors make a mind-body connection
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840