Tim Tebow coping with N.Y. media
Tim Tebow has been the subject of a couple of tabloid dustups since becoming a Jet, but so far the man himself has doggedly avoided saying or doing anything to fuel the media storms - a downright Eli-esque performance.
So, Tim, eight months in, how do you think you have been treated by the famously feisty New York media?
"It's a good question," he said Wednesday. "I was so open-minded about it that my mindset was ready for anything. So I felt prepared.
"I feel like I've built a relationship with a lot of the reporters who are here every day. I have tried to, at least. You get to know them a little bit. I try to tease them and make it more than just them asking me questions."
Has the experience been easier or more difficult than he expected? "I haven't viewed it as hard," he said. "I think they have to do their jobs so you understand that and try to help them as much as you can with it."
Tebow said he can't accurately assess how fair the coverage has been because he attempts to ignore it. ?
"I just try to stay in a little bubble, as hard as that is and as much as you hear stuff," he said.
"I've been very blessed in my career to play in some places where they have very passionate fans and great fan bases so you get a lot of attention. But it's the New York market, so it's obviously a little different than most."
Like back page headlines? "Yeah," he said, laughing. "That's different."
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Public Utilities Commission report suggests PSNH dump power plants - 19
- Most support PSNH selling its plants - 1
- PUC report faults 'status quo' of PSNH plant ownership - 4
- Antrim wind project: Developer offers to eliminate 1 turbine - 6
- State won’t intervene; New Ipswich wind farm scrapped - 5
- Power line study buoys Northern Pass foes - 5
- Northern Pass money dividing North Country opinions - 8
- ExxonMobile lawyers swing hard at MTBE additive case - 2
- Northern Pass vs. the unregulated - 3
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840