Man accused of trying to take officer's gun, resisting arrest
SALEM - Police responding to a fight outside a home on Stonegate Lane arrested 20-year-old Dalton Cyr, 20, of Salem, charging him with trying to take a firearm away from an officer.
Cyr was charged with attempting to take a firearm from a law enforcement officer, criminal mischief, simple assault, resisting arrest and unlawful possession of alcohol.
He was being held on $50,000 bail.
Police were initially called Friday around 3:30 a.m. for a report of two men fighting in the street. The caller told police that one man was lying in the roadway and the other had fled on foot toward Haverhill Road.
The two men were found and taken into custody.
As officers turned their attention to 11 Stonegate Lane, four people took off on foot into the woods. Police said several other occupants were intoxicated and under 21 years old. Two people inside the residence became combative but were eventually subdued and taken into custody, police said.
One of them, Eric Greenwood, 21, of Methuen, Mass., shattered the rear window of a cruiser with his head, police said. Greenwood was also charged with resisting arrest, criminal mischief, disorderly conduct, prohibited sales and simple assault.
Cyr attempted to grab Officer Joseph Freda's firearm during a struggle, police said.
Freda was able to stop Cyr but sustained a hand injury. Freda was treated and released at Parkland Medical Center.
Police also charged Edward Colon, 22, of Methuen, Mass., with possession of controlled drugs and simple assault.
Salem » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maple Street skate park revamp plans amping up in Manchester - 0
- Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH - 0
- ‘Ellen’ helps reunite NH military family via Internet - 0
- Help Combat Invasive Plants; Loaner Tools & Statewide Web Resource - 0
- Cranmore Opens for Spring/Summer Operations on May 25 - 0
- 29th Annual Chowder Fest Kicks-Off Summer on June 1st - 0
- Bedford condo shows high style in a smaller space - 0
- Memorial Day Observances 2013 - 0
- No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Mind your (flea-market) manners
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name