May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Concord man arrested in theft of donation can
CONCORD - Tips from the public led to the arrest of a local man accused of stealing a donation can with cash in it for the Capital Region Food Pantry.
Thomas Burke, 29, of Concord was arrested Friday morning at 5 Market Lane.
He is charged with one count of theft by unauthorized taking or transfer.
According to news releases issued by police, the theft happened at about 8:15 p.m. on Nov. 17 at the Irving (Circle K) gas station at 231 Loudon Road.
On that day, a man paid for gas and then took the donation can from the checkout counter and left the store. He got into the passenger side of a full-sized, gray or silver Chevy van. The right rear window on it apparently had been smashed out and was covered with plastic.
Police released photos of the thief taken from the store's surveillance system and, after receiving tips from the public, arrested Burke about 6:15 a.m. Friday without incident.
Burke refused bail and was detained in the Merrimack County jail pending arraignment today in 6th Circuit Court - Concord District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 0
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 2
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 2
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: School board on the defensive over Cupcake-gate - 1
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: All eyes on House as casino vote nears - 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 0
- Official says NH abortion sites need state scrutiny - 2
- Chechen decries Boston attack - 0
- Heroin use, deaths spike in New Hampshire - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
Berlin man dies while kayaking
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424