Home » News » Public Safety
City water main break causes part of Hooksett Road to close
MANCHESTER - Parts of Hooksett Road were closed Friday night after a water main break, city police said.
Police said the break happened about 6:30 p.m. Friday near Livingston Park and near the Bank of America building at 135 Hoosett Road. Because of the "large amount of water," the road was temporarily closed Friday night.
The road's southbound lane from Red Coat Lane until the road ends at its intersection with Webster Street and the northbound lane at Webster Street were scheduled to remain closed until this morning, police said. Northbound traffic on Maple Street was able to continue merging onto the northbound lane of Hooksett Road, and no Hooksett Road businesses were affected by the break, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal