Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Man accused of beating, burning toddler back in NH after arrest at Fla. amusement park
PLAISTOW — The Plaistow man accused of beating and burning a 3-year-old boy is back in New Hampshire after he and the child’s mother, Jessica Linscott, 23, were arrested at a theme park in Florida.
Roland Dow is now being held at the Rockingham County jail after U.S. Marshals delivered him to the state where he is charged with first- and second-degree assault for allegedly striking Linscott’s son, James Nicholson, in the head on Nov. 1, causing a traumatic brain injury that led to seizures and other symptoms that police say went untreated for weeks. Dow also is accused of burning the boy’s wrist and fingers. Linscott is charged with child endangerment.
U.S. Marshalls contacted Sunday declined to discuss the transportation, but said the agency is responsible for making sure Dow gets to New Hampshire. Dow is listed as an inmate at the Rockingham jail on an online inmate directory. Linscott was returned to New Hampshire on Friday.
The couple fled the state after dropping the boy off at Exeter Hospital on Nov. 14 when the boy suffered several seizures that authorities say were related to abuse. The couple eluded capture until being arrested last week at Universal Studios Theme Park in Orlando, Fla.
Dow faces five additional counts of endangering the welfare of a child while Linscott is charged with six counts of the same charge after they allegedly failed to seek medical treatment for the seizures on several occasions.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
- School district to receive millions withheld by state - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483