Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Man accused of beating, burning toddler back in NH after arrest at Fla. amusement park
PLAISTOW — The Plaistow man accused of beating and burning a 3-year-old boy is back in New Hampshire after he and the child’s mother, Jessica Linscott, 23, were arrested at a theme park in Florida.
Roland Dow is now being held at the Rockingham County jail after U.S. Marshals delivered him to the state where he is charged with first- and second-degree assault for allegedly striking Linscott’s son, James Nicholson, in the head on Nov. 1, causing a traumatic brain injury that led to seizures and other symptoms that police say went untreated for weeks. Dow also is accused of burning the boy’s wrist and fingers. Linscott is charged with child endangerment.
U.S. Marshalls contacted Sunday declined to discuss the transportation, but said the agency is responsible for making sure Dow gets to New Hampshire. Dow is listed as an inmate at the Rockingham jail on an online inmate directory. Linscott was returned to New Hampshire on Friday.
The couple fled the state after dropping the boy off at Exeter Hospital on Nov. 14 when the boy suffered several seizures that authorities say were related to abuse. The couple eluded capture until being arrested last week at Universal Studios Theme Park in Orlando, Fla.
Dow faces five additional counts of endangering the welfare of a child while Linscott is charged with six counts of the same charge after they allegedly failed to seek medical treatment for the seizures on several occasions.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424