May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Concord man arrested in theft of donation can for food pantry
CONCORD - Tips from the public led to the arrest of a local man accused of stealing a donation can with cash in it for the Capital Region Food Pantry.
Thomas Burke, 29, of Concord was arrested Friday morning at 5 Market Lane.
He is charged with one count of theft by unauthorized taking or transfer.
According to news releases issued by police, the theft happened at about 8:15 p.m. on Nov. 17 at the Irving (Circle K) gas station at 231 Loudon Road.
On that day, a man paid for gas and then took the donation can from the checkout counter and left the store. He got into the passenger side of a full-sized, gray or silver Chevy van. The right rear window on it apparently had been smashed out and was covered with plastic.
Police released photos of the thief taken from the store's surveillance system and, after receiving tips from the public, arrested Burke about 6:15 a.m. Friday without incident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 0
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424