Home » News » Public Safety
Somersworth driver in crash had no front seats in Rochester crash
ROCHESTER -A Somersworth man who hoped to save money by removing his front seats instead lost control of his vehicle in the snow Saturday.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 12:04 p.m. after a northbound 1998 Isuzu Rodeo driven by Antonio W. Guyer crossed the center line and rolled into a drainage embankment on the south side near 760 Salmon Falls Road.
While the Rodeo ended up on its roof, Guyer, who was not wearing a seatbelt, escaped injuries. He was out of the vehicle when emergency personnel arrived. Guyer told police he had removed the seats because he was planning to sell the Rodeo for scrap.
Guyer, who police said sat on an old car battery on the floor while driving the Rodeo, was issued a summons for driving a vehicle without proper seating. He is scheduled to appear in Rochester District Court Jan. 7.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072