Home » News » Public Safety
Somersworth driver in crash had no front seats in Rochester crash
ROCHESTER -A Somersworth man who hoped to save money by removing his front seats instead lost control of his vehicle in the snow Saturday.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 12:04 p.m. after a northbound 1998 Isuzu Rodeo driven by Antonio W. Guyer crossed the center line and rolled into a drainage embankment on the south side near 760 Salmon Falls Road.
While the Rodeo ended up on its roof, Guyer, who was not wearing a seatbelt, escaped injuries. He was out of the vehicle when emergency personnel arrived. Guyer told police he had removed the seats because he was planning to sell the Rodeo for scrap.
Guyer, who police said sat on an old car battery on the floor while driving the Rodeo, was issued a summons for driving a vehicle without proper seating. He is scheduled to appear in Rochester District Court Jan. 7.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 125
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 14
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 11
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?