Home » News » Public Safety
Somersworth driver in crash had no front seats in Rochester crash
ROCHESTER -A Somersworth man who hoped to save money by removing his front seats instead lost control of his vehicle in the snow Saturday.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 12:04 p.m. after a northbound 1998 Isuzu Rodeo driven by Antonio W. Guyer crossed the center line and rolled into a drainage embankment on the south side near 760 Salmon Falls Road.
While the Rodeo ended up on its roof, Guyer, who was not wearing a seatbelt, escaped injuries. He was out of the vehicle when emergency personnel arrived. Guyer told police he had removed the seats because he was planning to sell the Rodeo for scrap.
Guyer, who police said sat on an old car battery on the floor while driving the Rodeo, was issued a summons for driving a vehicle without proper seating. He is scheduled to appear in Rochester District Court Jan. 7.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
- Epping, Merrimack motorists hurt in Route 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Sunapee driver charged in Vermont couple's deaths - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 0
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 2
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 0
- Feds and state probe suspended county attorney's handling of funds - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072