Home » News » Public Safety
Somersworth driver in crash had no front seats in Rochester crash
ROCHESTER -A Somersworth man who hoped to save money by removing his front seats instead lost control of his vehicle in the snow Saturday.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 12:04 p.m. after a northbound 1998 Isuzu Rodeo driven by Antonio W. Guyer crossed the center line and rolled into a drainage embankment on the south side near 760 Salmon Falls Road.
While the Rodeo ended up on its roof, Guyer, who was not wearing a seatbelt, escaped injuries. He was out of the vehicle when emergency personnel arrived. Guyer told police he had removed the seats because he was planning to sell the Rodeo for scrap.
Guyer, who police said sat on an old car battery on the floor while driving the Rodeo, was issued a summons for driving a vehicle without proper seating. He is scheduled to appear in Rochester District Court Jan. 7.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 2
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty