Home » News » Public Safety
Somersworth driver in crash had no front seats in Rochester crash
ROCHESTER -A Somersworth man who hoped to save money by removing his front seats instead lost control of his vehicle in the snow Saturday.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 12:04 p.m. after a northbound 1998 Isuzu Rodeo driven by Antonio W. Guyer crossed the center line and rolled into a drainage embankment on the south side near 760 Salmon Falls Road.
While the Rodeo ended up on its roof, Guyer, who was not wearing a seatbelt, escaped injuries. He was out of the vehicle when emergency personnel arrived. Guyer told police he had removed the seats because he was planning to sell the Rodeo for scrap.
Guyer, who police said sat on an old car battery on the floor while driving the Rodeo, was issued a summons for driving a vehicle without proper seating. He is scheduled to appear in Rochester District Court Jan. 7.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Man pulled from Barnstead pickup truck wreck with serious head injury - 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 3
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Mont Vernon murder mastermind drops appeal, citing 'personal and moral' reasons - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Fremont man returned to face NH charges