Home » News » Public Safety
Woman dies in head-on crash in Nashua, man critical
NASHUA — A woman is dead and a man in critical condition after their car crashed into a tree head-on late Saturday night.
Nashua Police Lt. Michael Moushegian stated the 55-year-old woman was pronounced dead at St. Joseph's Hospital after first responders found her at the scene of the Searles Road Crash around 11:30 p.m.
The driver, a 47-year-old man, was first taken to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center, but later transported to Massachusetts General Hospital where he is being treated and listed in critical condition, according to Moushegian.
Nashua Deputy Fire Chief Michael O'Brien Sr. reports the couple were trapped in the car, requiring the use of rescue tools to cut them free from the wreck.
Police continue to investigate the crash, and the names of the man and woman have not yet been released.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis voters set to gather for annual Town Meeting Wednesday - 0
- Turnout light in Derry as of early afternoon - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon' - 3
- Sheriff, chief question Shaheen’s recent vote on controversial Obama nominee - 0
- Low turnout seen in early Lakes Region polling - 0
- Goffstown residents slow to vote so far - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Milton residents considering big issues at the polls Tuesday - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'