Home » News » Public Safety
Woman dies in head-on crash in Nashua, man critical
NASHUA — A woman is dead and a man in critical condition after their car crashed into a tree head-on late Saturday night.
Nashua Police Lt. Michael Moushegian stated the 55-year-old woman was pronounced dead at St. Joseph's Hospital after first responders found her at the scene of the Searles Road Crash around 11:30 p.m.
The driver, a 47-year-old man, was first taken to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center, but later transported to Massachusetts General Hospital where he is being treated and listed in critical condition, according to Moushegian.
Nashua Deputy Fire Chief Michael O'Brien Sr. reports the couple were trapped in the car, requiring the use of rescue tools to cut them free from the wreck.
Police continue to investigate the crash, and the names of the man and woman have not yet been released.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials disallow Woodmont slide show - 0
- Officials question Nashua parking proposal - 0
- House bill lowers emissions cap to meet RGGI standards - 0
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 0
- Nashua aviation company looks for danger on ground - 0
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial replica wall on display - 0
- NFL-sponsored health program honors Milford High School staff - 0
- John Stossel: Sublet my people go - 0
- Search continues for gadabout steer in Epping - 0
License revocations for DWI announced