Home » News » Public Safety
Woman dies in head-on crash in Nashua, man critical
NASHUA — A woman is dead and a man in critical condition after their car crashed into a tree head-on late Saturday night.
Nashua Police Lt. Michael Moushegian stated the 55-year-old woman was pronounced dead at St. Joseph's Hospital after first responders found her at the scene of the Searles Road Crash around 11:30 p.m.
The driver, a 47-year-old man, was first taken to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center, but later transported to Massachusetts General Hospital where he is being treated and listed in critical condition, according to Moushegian.
Nashua Deputy Fire Chief Michael O'Brien Sr. reports the couple were trapped in the car, requiring the use of rescue tools to cut them free from the wreck.
Police continue to investigate the crash, and the names of the man and woman have not yet been released.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Injured dirt bike rider in ICU - 0
- Woman who jumped in front of Amtrak train identified - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Franklin convenience store damaged by fire - 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
- Injured hiker carried to safety off Mount Israel in Sandwich - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 0
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 0
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
- Manchester teachers to vote again next week on contract - 0
UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls
License revocations for DWI announced
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance