Home » News » Public Safety
Woman dies in head-on crash in Nashua, man critical
NASHUA — A woman is dead and a man in critical condition after their car crashed into a tree head-on late Saturday night.
Nashua Police Lt. Michael Moushegian stated the 55-year-old woman was pronounced dead at St. Joseph's Hospital after first responders found her at the scene of the Searles Road Crash around 11:30 p.m.
The driver, a 47-year-old man, was first taken to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center, but later transported to Massachusetts General Hospital where he is being treated and listed in critical condition, according to Moushegian.
Nashua Deputy Fire Chief Michael O'Brien Sr. reports the couple were trapped in the car, requiring the use of rescue tools to cut them free from the wreck.
Police continue to investigate the crash, and the names of the man and woman have not yet been released.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 1
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 1
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'