Home » News » Public Safety
Woman dies in head-on crash in Nashua, man critical
NASHUA — A woman is dead and a man in critical condition after their car crashed into a tree head-on late Saturday night.
Nashua Police Lt. Michael Moushegian stated the 55-year-old woman was pronounced dead at St. Joseph's Hospital after first responders found her at the scene of the Searles Road Crash around 11:30 p.m.
The driver, a 47-year-old man, was first taken to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center, but later transported to Massachusetts General Hospital where he is being treated and listed in critical condition, according to Moushegian.
Nashua Deputy Fire Chief Michael O'Brien Sr. reports the couple were trapped in the car, requiring the use of rescue tools to cut them free from the wreck.
Police continue to investigate the crash, and the names of the man and woman have not yet been released.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 10
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax