Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Manchester bar fight ends with four in handcuffs
MANCHESTER - Four people were arrested after police say they became disorderly inside a downtown bar early Sunday morning.
The arrests came about 1:30 a.m. after an officer, working a detail at Club Drynk at 20 Old Granite St., was sent to the rear of the club where security was trying to break up a fight. When the officer reached the back of the bar, a bouncer was escorting a disorderly patron out of the club.
The officer came to the bouncer's aid when the man suddenly pulled away and pushed the bouncer backward. The officer grabbed the man, who tried to push him as well, and wrestled him to the floor and handcuffed him.
The man, identified as Alexander Alverez, 22, of Marlborough, Mass., was charged with disorderly conduct, simple assault and resisting arrest. A woman, identified by police as Marissa Maddox, 22, of 14 Osgood Road, Lyndeborough, began yelling at the officer as he arrested Alvarez, according to a news release. Police said she refused to leave the club and they charged her with disorderly conduct.
Another individual, Traore Aboubacar, 22, of 3 Morton St., Concord, also allegedly refused to leave and tried to pull Maddox away from the officer escorting her out. An officer broke Aboubacar's grasp on Maddox and then had his own struggle with Aboubacar, police said. The officer used his Taser on Aboubacar, who was arrested for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
A fourth man, Gaetan Voumbo, 22, of Lynn, Mass., also was charged with disorderly conduct.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth