Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Manchester bar fight ends with four in handcuffs
MANCHESTER - Four people were arrested after police say they became disorderly inside a downtown bar early Sunday morning.
The arrests came about 1:30 a.m. after an officer, working a detail at Club Drynk at 20 Old Granite St., was sent to the rear of the club where security was trying to break up a fight. When the officer reached the back of the bar, a bouncer was escorting a disorderly patron out of the club.
The officer came to the bouncer's aid when the man suddenly pulled away and pushed the bouncer backward. The officer grabbed the man, who tried to push him as well, and wrestled him to the floor and handcuffed him.
The man, identified as Alexander Alverez, 22, of Marlborough, Mass., was charged with disorderly conduct, simple assault and resisting arrest. A woman, identified by police as Marissa Maddox, 22, of 14 Osgood Road, Lyndeborough, began yelling at the officer as he arrested Alvarez, according to a news release. Police said she refused to leave the club and they charged her with disorderly conduct.
Another individual, Traore Aboubacar, 22, of 3 Morton St., Concord, also allegedly refused to leave and tried to pull Maddox away from the officer escorting her out. An officer broke Aboubacar's grasp on Maddox and then had his own struggle with Aboubacar, police said. The officer used his Taser on Aboubacar, who was arrested for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
A fourth man, Gaetan Voumbo, 22, of Lynn, Mass., also was charged with disorderly conduct.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483