Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Manchester bar fight ends with four in handcuffs
MANCHESTER - Four people were arrested after police say they became disorderly inside a downtown bar early Sunday morning.
The arrests came about 1:30 a.m. after an officer, working a detail at Club Drynk at 20 Old Granite St., was sent to the rear of the club where security was trying to break up a fight. When the officer reached the back of the bar, a bouncer was escorting a disorderly patron out of the club.
The officer came to the bouncer's aid when the man suddenly pulled away and pushed the bouncer backward. The officer grabbed the man, who tried to push him as well, and wrestled him to the floor and handcuffed him.
The man, identified as Alexander Alverez, 22, of Marlborough, Mass., was charged with disorderly conduct, simple assault and resisting arrest. A woman, identified by police as Marissa Maddox, 22, of 14 Osgood Road, Lyndeborough, began yelling at the officer as he arrested Alvarez, according to a news release. Police said she refused to leave the club and they charged her with disorderly conduct.
Another individual, Traore Aboubacar, 22, of 3 Morton St., Concord, also allegedly refused to leave and tried to pull Maddox away from the officer escorting her out. An officer broke Aboubacar's grasp on Maddox and then had his own struggle with Aboubacar, police said. The officer used his Taser on Aboubacar, who was arrested for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
A fourth man, Gaetan Voumbo, 22, of Lynn, Mass., also was charged with disorderly conduct.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police seek two men in Concord home invasion - 0
- No arrests in Manchester SWAT incident - 0
- Man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation found dead - 0
- Free Keene founder gets community service sentence for fraud conviction - 1
- UPDATED: Police locate man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation - 0
- Suspect in Hampstead home invasion seeks to have statements tossed - 0
- Lee police looking for vehicle involved in break-in - 0
- Hinsdale man arrested on prostitution charge - 0
- Gravestone vandalized in Exeter’s Winter Street Cemetery - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Crunch time and the dollars are flying in NH races - 0
- Vickers earns first pole in five years - 0
- James Pindell's The Back Story: Does the grassroots approach still work? - 4
- Shaheen: 'Don't Import Candiate That Outsources Jobs' - 18
- Abandoned Property: Romney, Brownies and even J.D. Salinger are on the list, are you? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Levasseur back on MPD's case, but this time with numbers - 2
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Monitoring social media - 1
Monitoring social media
More violence at Keene
Boz Scaggs explores a bit of 'Memphis'
Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy