Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Manchester bar fight ends with four in handcuffs
MANCHESTER - Four people were arrested after police say they became disorderly inside a downtown bar early Sunday morning.
The arrests came about 1:30 a.m. after an officer, working a detail at Club Drynk at 20 Old Granite St., was sent to the rear of the club where security was trying to break up a fight. When the officer reached the back of the bar, a bouncer was escorting a disorderly patron out of the club.
The officer came to the bouncer's aid when the man suddenly pulled away and pushed the bouncer backward. The officer grabbed the man, who tried to push him as well, and wrestled him to the floor and handcuffed him.
The man, identified as Alexander Alverez, 22, of Marlborough, Mass., was charged with disorderly conduct, simple assault and resisting arrest. A woman, identified by police as Marissa Maddox, 22, of 14 Osgood Road, Lyndeborough, began yelling at the officer as he arrested Alvarez, according to a news release. Police said she refused to leave the club and they charged her with disorderly conduct.
Another individual, Traore Aboubacar, 22, of 3 Morton St., Concord, also allegedly refused to leave and tried to pull Maddox away from the officer escorting her out. An officer broke Aboubacar's grasp on Maddox and then had his own struggle with Aboubacar, police said. The officer used his Taser on Aboubacar, who was arrested for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
A fourth man, Gaetan Voumbo, 22, of Lynn, Mass., also was charged with disorderly conduct.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council