Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Manchester bar fight ends with four in handcuffs
MANCHESTER - Four people were arrested after police say they became disorderly inside a downtown bar early Sunday morning.
The arrests came about 1:30 a.m. after an officer, working a detail at Club Drynk at 20 Old Granite St., was sent to the rear of the club where security was trying to break up a fight. When the officer reached the back of the bar, a bouncer was escorting a disorderly patron out of the club.
The officer came to the bouncer's aid when the man suddenly pulled away and pushed the bouncer backward. The officer grabbed the man, who tried to push him as well, and wrestled him to the floor and handcuffed him.
The man, identified as Alexander Alverez, 22, of Marlborough, Mass., was charged with disorderly conduct, simple assault and resisting arrest. A woman, identified by police as Marissa Maddox, 22, of 14 Osgood Road, Lyndeborough, began yelling at the officer as he arrested Alvarez, according to a news release. Police said she refused to leave the club and they charged her with disorderly conduct.
Another individual, Traore Aboubacar, 22, of 3 Morton St., Concord, also allegedly refused to leave and tried to pull Maddox away from the officer escorting her out. An officer broke Aboubacar's grasp on Maddox and then had his own struggle with Aboubacar, police said. The officer used his Taser on Aboubacar, who was arrested for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
A fourth man, Gaetan Voumbo, 22, of Lynn, Mass., also was charged with disorderly conduct.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424